BCH (Bitcoin Cash) is expected to undergo a hard fork upgrade at 20:00 on November 15, 2020 (GMT+8). Bibox will update the arrangements based on market feedback.
1.BCH hard fork
- As the BCHN currently is significantly ahead of BCHA, if a forked coin is generated after a hard fork, Bibox will default to the BCHN node; the BCHN node will inherit the original name, K lines and trading pairs of BCH.
- When the BCH fork is completed, Bibox will take snapshots of the users’ BCH assets and airdrop the fork tokens. After the fork node runs stably, we will evaluate whether to open a fork coin trading pair.
2.Time arrangement of deposit and withdrawal
Bibox will suspend the deposit and withdrawal of BCH at 18:00, November 15, 2020 (GMT+8). Please deposit and withdraw in time. We will handle any technical issues in the hard fork for users to ensure asset security.
3. Exchange and Margin zone
- Exchange: BCH exchange will not be affected, but the hard fork possibly be accompanied by relatively severe price fluctuations, please evaluate the risks before trading.
- For leveraged transactions, all the BCH leverage transactions and lending business will be suspended before fork upgrading, and will trigger BCH cross-margin/fixed-margin forced to be liquidated and returned coins, the leverage users please choose a good time to close positions and cancel pending orders before 20:00 (GMT+8) on November 13, 2020.
The BCH/USDT perpetual contract will be settled and suspended at 20:00 (GMT+8) on November 14, 2020. Please refer to the announcement: https://bibox.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/900003436086
5. Assets Snapshot
Bibox will take a snapshot of BCH holding in all accounts (wallets, coins, leverage, quantification) of users in order to obtain new forked currency assets and airdrop them to the "wallet" at 20:00, November 15, 2020 (GMT+8).
Please to be noted：
- Before, after and during the upgrade, the BCH market may fluctuate drastically. Please make relevant arrangements and risk control in advance.
- During the snapshot of BCH holdings, if the deposit has not arrived or the withdrawal has been completed, this part of the assets will not be included in the scope of the holdings snapshot.
- If neither of the forked coin is generated after the hard fork, Bibox will resume the BCH deposit and withdrawal as soon as possible.
Bibox reserves the right of final interpretation of this announcement.
Thanks for your support to Bibox.